• CARSON-NEWMAN BASEBALL Winter Prospect Camp, for 2019-21 graduates, will be held Dec. 1, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., on the school’s Jefferson City campus. Cost is $150. To register or to learn more, go online at totalcamps.com/carsonnewmanbaseball or call (865) 471-3526 or email Mark Allen Bounds at email@example.com or Brandon Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CHRISTMAS Basketball Camp, for boys and girls grades 3-12, will be held Dec. 20-21, from 9-11:30 a.m., on the campus in Jefferson City. Cost of the camp, which will be run by Eagles assistant coach, Shane Williams, is $500. To register or for more information, contact Williams at (423) 943-3037 or email@example.com.
• ADULT BASKETBALL LEAGUE registration for Church Hill/Mount Carmel/Surgoinsville Recreation runs through Nov. 28. With leagues for men (age divisions 16-25, 26-45, 46-up) and women (16-up), the game is 3-on-3 halfcourt with no more than eight players per roster (and a player may be on only one roster). Cost is $100 per team. Games will be played on Wednesdays and Saturdays. To enter a team, pick up a roster and return it to the Recreation Office, 300 East Main Blvd, Church Hill. For more information, call the Rec Office at (423) 357-7010 or email Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• HOLIDAY HOOPS CLASSIC, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Dec. 1 at Science Hill. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• WINTER SHOWCASE INVITATIONAL, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Dec. 15 at Science Hill. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS CHRISTMAS CLASSIC, for boys and girls grades 3-8, will be held Dec. 22 at Science Hill. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• LIGHT UP THE NIGHT NEW YEAR’S Hike will take place on Jan. 1, 2019, starting at 12:01 a.m., at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Using old-time kerosene lanterns, participants will take a journey of discovery on this moderate 2-mile hike, which is for both adults and children and will be capped by hot cocoa. Children should bring a small flashlight because only adults may carry a kerosene lantern. Wear sturdy hiking boots and come dressed for the weather. Meet at the swimming pool parking lot.
• EASTMAN OPEN VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT will be held Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, and Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019, at Kingsport-area middle and high school gyms. Preregistration is required; cost is $10 per player. Deadline to enter is Monday, Jan. 21. Women’s divisions will play Saturday and coed divisions will play Sunday; divisions require six-person teams with coed three men and three women. Contact Joe Douthat at (423) 224-7544 or Jack Henry at (423) 384-1765 or firstname.lastname@example.org.