Fun Fest 2019
Fun Fest block parties kickoff this weekend
Jul 5, 2019 at 1:21 PM
KINGSPORT — It’s almost time for Fun Fest, and that means block parties. This Friday will start the fun, with many of the parties taking place over the weekend. There are a few exceptions, with some carrying over into next week.
There are a total of 20 Block Parties open to the public, sponsored again this year by Culligan of Tri-Cities.
Friday, July 5
- Be Transformed — 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. at Scott Adams Memorial Skatepark, 747 E. Center St.
- Active Older Adults Block Party — 11:30 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Greater Kingsport Family YMCA, 1840 Meadowview Parkway
Saturday, July 6
- Calvary Baptist Church Block Party — 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church, 1238 Pine St.
- Farmers Furniture Block Party — 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. at Farmers Home Furniture, Memorial Boulevard, next to Spa and Pool World
- 2450 Memorial Blvd — 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. at the corner of Memorial Boulevard and East Center Street behind Broad Street BBQ
- Bethel Church — 12-3 p.m. at 1593 Warpath Drive, church picnic shelter on Bridwell Street
- Market Street Shakers — 12-5 p.m. on the 100 block of East Market Street, hosted by several business owners on the block
- Broad Fest Block Party — 12-5 p.m. at Mercantile on Broad Street, 237 Broad St.
- Temple Baptist Church — 1-4 p.m. at 2200 Memorial Court, across from Ross N. Robinson baseball field
- Ridgefields Area Neighborhood Block Party — 3-7 p.m. at Ridgefields Park
- Mount Carmel Block Party — 4-10 p.m. on Main Street
- Home Sweet Home Block Party — 4-7 p.m. at Kingsport Farmers Market
- Kingsport FurFest 2019 — 5-8 p.m. at Dogwood Park, 800 Granby Road
Sunday, July 7
- The Blake at Kingsport — 3-6:30 p.m. at 915 Holston Hills Drive
- St. Luke UMC-Highland Community — 5-8 p.m., 2600 E. Center St.
- Heritage First Church of God — 5-8 p.m. at 470 Rock Springs Road
Wednesday, July 10
Sunnyside Baptist Church — 6-8 p.m. at 406 Cooks Valley Road
Thursday, July 11
Rotary Pack the Park Against Polio — 6:30-9:30 p.m. at Hunter Wright Stadium
Sunday, July 14
CJ’s Summer Heat 2 — 2-8 p.m. at 516 G Morelock St., on hill above Pitstop and beside Kingsport Speedway
Wednesday, July 17
Dogwood Terrace — 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at Dogwood Terrace Community Building