Last Friday evening, police from Kingsport, Surgoinsville, the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office and Scott County Sheriff’s Office located burglary suspect Christian Lee Romines at a motel on Lynn Garden Drive in Kingsport.
Police allegedly found a cedar chest containing stolen property and a large quantity of coins in the motel room.
Romines, 23, 1209 Fairview Ave., allegedly admitted to serving as lookout for two other suspects during multiple recent Hawkins County burglaries including:
* On March 21 on North Zion Hill Road in Surgoinsville, where among the items taken were a large quantity of rare coins, jewelry, about 16 ammo cans full of rolled coins and a large cedar chest.
* On March 21 at a residence on Morning Star Road in Church Hill, where items valued at $600 were stolen from inside a pickup in a garage.
* On March 20 at a residence on Gibbons Road in Church Hill, where various items valued at $3,000 were reported stolen.
* On March 12 at a residence on Caney Valley Loop in Surgoinsville, where a gun case was stolen along with four long guns, a .22-caliber Derringer and ammo. A Still chainsaw and Mig welder were also taken from the garage.
* On March 5 at a residence on Christiana Drive in Rogersville, where various items valued at $5,725 were stolen.
Romines was charged with burglary, four counts of aggravated burglary, auto burglary, theft over $60,000, three counts of theft over $1,000, theft under $1,000 and vandalism.
The investigation is continuing and police believe there might be more victims.
As of Friday, Romines remained held in the Hawkins County Jail on $50,000 bond pending an appearance in Hawkins County Sessions Court on April 4.